Let’s address some of the misconceptions I have been hearing.
- My photos are going to be all over the internet.
- Boudoir photography is for young women.
- Why should I have photos taken if I don’t have anyone to give them to.
- I don’t know how to pose.
- I don’t look like those that are on your website.
Here is what you need to know.
- 98% of my clients choose not to share their photos. Confidentiality is crucial and I respect that.
- Boudoir photography is for anyone over the age of 18. Boudoir is for all women!
- You will be nervous to start with, that is normal. I see a change in your confidence in the shoot. A switch has been turned on and it dims the self-doubt, nerves, and I see a boost in your confidence. A boudoir photo session will lay the foundation for personal growth. It is also a way of documenting a time in your life.
- I’m going to get real here. A little bit controversial. I don’t think you should do the shoot solely because you want to give a significant other “a gift.” To me, that is a by-product of having a boudoir session. A boudoir session is so much more than that. It is an opportunity to step out of your comfort zone, document a stage of your life, a tool that helps build confidence, and well you get some badass images to look back on and say I am so glad I did that.
- I pose you from head to toe. In my comprehensive boudoir preparation guide, I have posing videos that I encourage you to practice before the session. So you will feel just that little bit more confident.
- Comparison is the thief of all joy. If you want to do a boudoir photo session then do it. If you need questions answered I will answer them. You control the shoot and your comfort level on the day.